Charging Clean Air Zones Status Update: August 2021
Many town and city authorities across England and Wales (outside London) are considering ways to improve air quality through a reduction of nitrogen dioxide (NO2) levels. With some of these authorities in the process of introducing a charging Clean Air Zone (CAZ) for vehicles not meeting a specified emissions standard, PATROL provides an update as of wc. 31 August 2021.*
- The Bradford CAZ is set to launch from 5 January 2022.
- The Bristol CAZ has been delayed until Summer 2022.
- The Oxford Zero Emission Zone has been delayed until later in 2021.
- Stoke City Council is considering plans for a CAZ, which would launch from 2023.
Find out more about the developing charging CAZ landscape by clicking the buttons below
* PLEASE NOTE: This article is intended to track the development of charging Clean Air Zones in England and Wales, and is updated periodically based on information that becomes available in the public domain.
Any questions regarding a particular charging Clean Air Zone should be directed to the specific local authority, rather than PATROL.